About Us

History

Back in 1957, in the quiet little historic San Pasqual valley tucked away in Escondido, CA a bindery was started by the San Pasqual Academy called the Golden Rule Bindery. With a mission to help educate and teach life skills to the Academy’s youth, the Golden Rule Bindery started its way to becoming an important fixture in the North County region of San Diego. With compassion for their customers and faith in their workers, Golden Rule Bindery functions like its name suggests treating everyone with the love and respect that they would want in return.  The employees of the bindery became a family it their own way, fostering in new young workers every summer with an opportunity to work and learn about job training. The Golden Rule Bindery still survives today because of its employees. In the year 2000, two of the bindery’s dedicated employees purchased the Golden Rule Bindery and still own and operated it to this day. Jerry and Fred ran the facility at the original site in San Pasqual Valley until 2009. They moved to San Marcos, then Vista and continue to uphold the dedication to customers and willingness to hire and teach youths alongside a strong team of bindery workers.

As the business continued to grow, Golden Rule Bindery took the opportunity to acquire an independent packaging manufacturer in late 2011 and expanded the type of services they could offer their customers. Golden Rule Packaging was born. Through the same vision of the bindery to treat all customers and employees with compassion and respect, the Packaging division takes on new challenges and embraces new solutions. Both Bindery and Packaging take pride in the craftsmanship of their products as many of their products are hand crafted with the techniques passed down across the generations.